Talcum Powder Products
- What Has Been The Response From Manufacturers In The Talcum Powder Lawsuits?
During one of the lawsuits, the manufacturer, Johnson & Johnson, offered to pay a plaintiff if she agreed to sign a nondisclosure agreement in order to keep the claim quiet and not tarnish the name of the manufacturer. The main response from the company has been to do nothing other than defend themselves against the increasing number of pending lawsuits. The company claims that if their talcum powder products are safe enough to use on infants and babies, then it certainly should be safe enough for women to use.
- What Steps Do I Need To Take To File A Lawsuit For Talcum Powder Products?
If you think you may have developed uterine or ovarian cancer as a result of your prolonged use of talcum powder, your first step should be to seek medical attention immediately. You should also report your side effects to both your doctor and the FDA. If you are seeking justice and compensation for the damages you have suffered, consulting with an experienced product liability attorney is in your best interest.
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit?
Each state maintains a different statute of limitations, which is the amount of time you have to file an injury claim before you cannot legally do so anymore. If a claim is not filed before the statute of limitations runs out, then the injured individual will be unable to seek damages from the liable manufacturer. If you believe you have suffered injuries or complications after using talcum powder but are not sure if the statute of limitations on your incident has already expired, then give us a call today so we can review the facts of your case and best advise you.
- What Type Of Compensation May Be Available To Plaintiffs?
There are several different types of compensatory damages that may be available to injured plaintiffs. In the talcum powder and ovarian cancer claims, past awarded damages have included, but are not limited to:
- Medical Expenses – You may be compensated for past and future medical treatment costs. This can include ambulance rides, hospital stays, diagnostic tests, surgeries, emergency room visits, follow up visits, medications, etc.
- Rehabilitation Costs – You may be compensated for the costs of your physical or occupational therapy, chiropractic care, etc., if they are related to the injuries you sustained.
- Lost Wages – This can include both past and future lost wages as a result of your injury.
- Pain And Suffering – While there is no set amount of money that can represent the pain and suffering you have endured, an experienced attorney can help quantify you suffering into a number for manufacturers to pay, in order for plaintiffs to receive justice for this aspect of their damages.
- Loss Of Consortium – You may also be able to receive compensation if your relationship has suffered emotionally or intimately due to your injuries sustained.
Contact Our Mass Tort Lawyers